Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Relaxed & Recharged


The Salvey Mühle, a 750 year old mill 150km North East of Berlin, was the perfect location for our Yoga Weekend. We came here to rest, relax and recharge. And that is exactly what we did!
We were warmly greeted by a “Richtfest.” Cakes, soups, glühwien and happy people. They sat by the bonfire laughing under the stars while we stretched our bodies in the yoga studio. It felt like there was joy to be found everywhere.
The mill is surrounded by gorgeous countryside and it was filled with sunshine all weekend long. What a blessing! The countryside was alight with late fiery autumn colours. The rolling hills, open space and the clean crisp air inspired long deep breaths.
I loved teaching yoga in the mill. The room was warm, cozy and fit the 12 students nicely. My favourite class was Saturday night’s candle lit yin class. Having six classes over the weekend gave me the space to go thoroughly into the yin practice, giving plenty of time to deeply stretch, let go and surrender to gravity, while also being able to complement the slowness with two strong flowing sweaty yang (hatha) classes.
The weekend went smoothly and peacefully. I think this had a lot to do with the fantastic group that joined me. We all fit well together: mother & daughter, a couple, a group of friends and several solo travelers. When I went back to the kitchen to get the fruit and chocolate fondue, their laughter and lively discussions from the dining room followed me making me smile. Once again sounds of joy.
I believe we all felt at home at the Salvey Mülhe. This helped us return to our respective homes as wished: rested, relaxed & recharged.
It was so good that I want to do it all over again!
I plan to be back March 2012.

A few guest impressions:
“Just wanted to thank you again for a wonderful weekend: great place, great company, great (challenging) yoga sessions with a great teacher, great food, great time! Really really enjoyed it. Hope I am on your mailing list to learn about other things you are planning!” - Jeannette

“I wanted to thank you again for this wonderful Yoga Weekend in the Salvey Mühle! It was really relaxing and inspiring too. The place was just beautiful. I feel like I am coming home from holiday even though it was just two and a half days!”- Theresa
“Just wanted to say I had a lovely weekend and feel so much more energized today. Thank you.”- Ailbhe
Peace and autumn sunshine,
erinbell


No comments:

Post a Comment

Berlin Bell's Street Yoga

DVD Trailer